If you are a volunteer at RFSL Uppsala you can get reimbursed for expenses that you have made on behalf of the association. The most common example are group organizers who have paid for group fika. Read more below.
Who can get a refund?
A Swedish bank account is required and you need to know the account number. Unfortunately, we cannot refund via Swish or cash. In special circumstances, we can try to find alternate solutions, but please talk to the treasurer before making the expense.
If you are going to have a payment for services, not expenses, you should instead contact the treasurer.
In order for your refund request to be approved, the cost must be one that the association can repay, which means that you must have gotten permission to make it in advance.
- Example of approved cost: Group organizers can get expenses for coffee and fika costs within the group’s budget covered.
- Exemple of rejected cost: Fika costs that significantly exceed budget and which have not been specifically approved in advance.
Good to know
Transport and travel expenses are usually not covered, but there are exceptions – for example, traveling to congresses as a chapter representative, or rented vans for events. Some volunteers also have a special travel budget.
If you want reimbursement for fuel, you need to fill up your car completely using your own money before the trip, and refill fully after the trip and save the receipt – only then can the association pay for fuel costs.
Asylum seekers who want to go to Newcomers meetings and events have the possibility to have their journey with UL covered by the Migration Board – if you apply in advance. Talk to your group leader to get a special form for this.
There is a digital form as a PDF file to fill in and submit. This is preferably done completely digitally. Follow the instructions below:
- Click here to download the form as a copy on your computer.
- Open and fill out the form directly in the browser, or in Acrobat Reader.
- Save the changes to the form. NOTE! If you fill in with a web browser you have to “print out” the form and choose “save as PDF file” for your answers to be registered – otherwise only an empty copy will be saved!
- Take a picture of your receipt or documentation. ‘
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the completed form and your picture to the receipt.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have problems filling out the form digitally – that the answers are not saved or that it does not seem editable – you can first try to download the free program Acrobat Reader which is meant to fill in PDF files like this.
In exceptional cases, we can receive your form printed out – if you need us to do so please contact the treasurer.
Since the financial management is done entirely voluntarily and is suffering from a lack of resources, it can take up to 8 weeks before you receive your refund. It will be marked “RFSL Uppsala” on the transaction line. If you have several expenses, the payments may be merged.